Skin cancers are not always obvious.
They can come in many different forms and colours. Some are pink spots, some are white and scaly, and others are brown or black.
Checking your own skin regularly can help to identify early skin cancers, and it is important to learn how to do it properly.
However many skin cancers are only obvious when examined with a special magnifying lens called a dermatoscope.
A full skin examination by a trained, experienced doctor can diagnose skin cancers early when they can be treated easily and even cured.
Melbourne City Skin Check offers you the following services:
- Full skin examinations with dermoscopy
- Photograph monitoring of lesions
- Biopsy of suspicious lesions
- Excision of skin cancers
- Cryotherapy (freezing), curettage and diathermy
- Non-surgical treatment of skin cancers ( efudix, aldara, picato )
- Treatment of pre-cancerous sun spots (solar keratosis)
- Treatment of benign skin lesions, such as warts, seborrheic keratosis, skin tags
- Skin cancer education and brochures
- Preventative skin care and sun protection
- Liaison with plastic surgery specialists for complex lesions
- Medicare Rebate Applicable for consultation and procedures